Where to now? How to transition your business into a Digital Workplace
Attending NAWO’s webinar this week which focussed on providing informative and practical advice on what your organisation needs to do RIGHT NOW to transition itself into a digital workplace (AKA a flexible work place).
COVID-19 has certainly accelerated this change and demystified the whole “work from home” notion – now it is time to embrace the experience and create policies around the new Digital Workplace.
These are the key areas to focus on;
1. Survey your Staff
- What worked/what did not?
- What did you find challenging?
- What were the benefits/challenges?
- How can we improve these arrangements?
- What are your expectations moving forward?
2. Develop a Company Policy around flexible work arrangements
- What is our full offering moving forward?
- What is the process for applying for flexible work arrangements?
3. Adopt a formal process for you and your employees with continual check points along the way. This must work for both parties – the business and the individual
4. Upskill your Leaders/Department Managers in their ability to manage remote teams
5. Ensure your policies are compliant with the law in your state
6. Are your employees ergonomically safe when working from home?
Things to remember:
- Continually review your policies
- Communication is key!
- Focus on productivity and deliverable outcomes
- Ignore this change at your peril
For access to the webinar please contact https://www.nawo.org.au/