- Internal development opportunities
- Strong and supportive senior management
- Licenced Customs Broker required
Sydney - Ref. JO-1809-2180This is a rare opportunity for a Customs Broker looking to make the move into a management role. Previous supervisory experience is not required - we are looking for someone with leadership aptitude and potential.
Our client is a professional Australian Owned Freight Forwarder that has the energy, drive and focus to achieve their desired results. With an impressive line up of experienced senior level managers, this organisation is looking to the future and implementing strategic business plans that will ensure stability and growth in the future.
Their current vacancy is for an experienced Customs Broker ready to step into a supervisory role who will be responsible for the operational requirements of the Customs Department. The successful person will be responsible for the day to day management of a team of experienced Brokers, plus classifiers and compilers. To ensure the effectiveness of the department you will be responsible for the following:
- Being able to transact as the senior Broker along with the other brokers in achieving the KPIs
- Ensuring the team runs efficiently and effectively with stringent KPI metrics and reports
- Ensuring the team is fully compliant and up to date with relevant courses, industry events including CPD and other development.
- Taking full ownership and responsibility of the team in line with the strategic plans including resource management.
- Be able to mentor the team to grow according to their development plans
- Qualified Customs Broker with a minimum of 5 years of hands on experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead / mentor team members
- A strength in working strategically and improve internal process and procedures
- Experience in CW1 software system (preferred)
If you would like to have a confidential discussion with our Customs specialist please contact Emily Monaghan on 0478 083 518.
We have sent an email to your friend about this position.