Import Freight Co-ordinator
- CargoWise preferred
- Good strong and supportive management team
- Stable family owned company
Sydney - Ref. JO-1904-2336
This is a rare and highly sought after opening within a friendly and strong Australian owned Freight Forwarder. Having years of Industry experience in this dynamic and fast paced industry, they are a strong competitor within the current market.
The Management team is always encouraging and supportive to give current employees a chance to try out a different department within the organisation. Because of this constant change you will be exposed to new skills and different challenges on a weekly basis.
To work within the import customer service team co-ordinating clearance & delivery of shipments to our clients.
- Ensuring all documentation is received from origin prior to handover to our Customs Dept.
- Checking Sea Cargo Automation and Customs Status of shipments.
- Liaising with carriers to plan & book last mile deliveries.
- Shipment invoicing.
- Monitor outturn of cargo from depots.
- Work closely with our Customs Dept to ensure all shipments are cleared for final delivery.
- Some spot rate sourcing required for ad hoc shipments.
- Liaise with customers regarding their shipments keeping a professional & friendly attitude at all times.
- Liaise with overseas agents & other company offices
The successful candidate would be well presented and able to cope in a fast-paced environment. A strong emphasis is placed on customer service. Excellent communication and time management skills and knowledge of the Cargowise system.
- To be considered for this opportunity you will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in sea freight.
- You must currently be living in Sydney.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Professional manner and common-sense approach to work & pride yourself on attention to detail.
- Energetic and team oriented.
- Be prepared to be cross-trained and learn from a dynamic team.
Salary : Flexible Pending experience
Due to large volumes of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a phone interview