PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT/ VIDEO SOLUTIONS / IPTV
- Very Attractive Salary Package
- Sydney Based
- Very Senior Pre-sales Role within Telco Industry
Sydney - Ref. JO-1609-1457Our client is a leading global vendor providing next generation telecommunications and IP networks. They have a very exciting role and are looking to hire a Principle Architect for their Video solutions business unit. You will be the Technical face for the Video business unit across the APAC region, although the role will be based out of Sydney.
- You will be working with APAC Service Provider and will Identify business challenges within the operator’s solutions.
- Provide specific related consulting services and advice on how a solution is planned and positioned.
- Develop trusted advisor status across the region and work with regional sales teams to educate and articulate the solutions to clients.
- Have a good commercial approach to the market with detailed knowledge of the market, the key players and the value clients can derive from implementing soltuions.
- Give presentations when required to CTO/CIO/CFO-level customers.
- Support all presale activities, such as workshops, the bidding process, POC and SOW negotiations.
- Provide in-depth market analysis to enable product managers to plan product time lines according to local market requirements
- As the face of the Video business unit, attend and present at industry events, conferences, round tables and demonstrations.
- More than 10 years experience in business development & solution experience in the Communications Industry with focus in pay-TV, preferably in the Asia Pacific region
- Good knowledge on Head-end, CAS/DRM, linearTV, VOD, EPG, Middleware, IP Multicast, OTT, CDN, STB, Multiscreen TV, Cloud TV, ABR. General knowledge and understanding of interworking of IP network, Cable and Satellite for transmission/delivery of pay-TV/video services (fixed and mobile)
- Good understanding of interworking of IP network, Cable, Terrestrial and Satellite for transmission/delivery of pay-TV/video services (fixed and mobile)
- Must be a self-starter with knowledge of the solutions available for all sections of the industry, Cable, Telco, Satellite – end to end. Proven ability to influence the strategy of an operator is preferred.
- Experience working for a Tier 1 Operator or a Major Supplier within a TV strategy group is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge about the video industry and the relative trends is required.
- Familiarity with the video technology evolution roadmap, e.g. the trend for video architectures, network challenges for video services, middleware solutions, STB’s, OTT etc. is required
- In-depth knowledge of video telecom equipment and video network infrastructure elements is preferred.
- Expert consultative knowledge within IPTV, cable TV, CDN, OTT Video and eMBMS is required (or part thereof).
- Excellent CxO level communication and presentation skills.
- Willing to work in an agile environment as part of diverse and multicultural teams
- Ability to conduct team building and talent development in a project, to design and provide training to junior members, to discover and capture new unexplored market opportunities.
For more information please call David Clarke on 07 3217 5867
We have sent an email to your friend about this position.