SOLUTION ARCHITECT - Application and Integration
- Government environment
- Long term contract
- Hourly rate on offer
Brisbane - Ref. JO-1702-1634Our client is undertaking a significant program of work that will transform the way we do business and engage with our stakeholders. The ICT program is made up of 8 core new or re-engineered systems delivered to end users via a new business portal.
From an ICT perspective, to support the new business model the Solution Architect will use agile principles to design, build and implement a highly integrated suite of business solutions in a Software environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide professional, timely and effective ICT solution design and implementation services, including expert technical advice on complex application development and integration in a micro service oriented environment.
- Identify system, infrastructure and project interdependencies and work with Program Governance body to balance competing demands to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- Exercise responsibility for the solution integration and co-ordination of development activities of significant projects and programs of work associated with the effective development, delivery and maintenance of ICT services.
- Review, interpret and respond to business process models and business requirements to ensure alignment between customer expectations and ICT capability.
- Liaise with business process owners, subject matter experts and business analysts to understand the needs of business and translate that into solution designs.
- Coordinate the identification and resolution of complex software development and integration activities and associated infrastructure to ensure appropriate technical support exists for the continuation of project delivery to budget and schedule in an efficient and effective manner.
- Explain technical issues and IT solution strategies to the executives, business stakeholders and other IT professionals.
- Provide architectural guidance to the Program Governance body and to project team members
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects
- Monitor the activities of developers, identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture
Experience and skills
- Demonstrated experiences in providing Solution design services that align with organizational objects and business outcomes in an application development and integration ICT program.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying technical issues, thinking laterally and applying analytical skills to develop appropriate options for their solution.
- Extensive experience in agile software development environments, working with internal development teams.
- Extensive experience working with a Technology stack including Java, Spring (Boot, Cloud), Angular.js, Bootstrap, microservices, Docker, Jenkins, Oracle 10g and 12g.
- Experience establishing single sources of truth for key information assets and managing application information architectures.
- Previous experience in delivery of Identity and Access Management Solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or in an IT related discipline.
- Communication: The position involves collaboration and leadership with business stakeholders, vendors and project delivery teams. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) is paramount in this role to be able to communicate complex solutions in business and technical terms.
- Analytical thinking: Must be able to understand the business processes, dependencies and requirements in order to design efficient and fit for purpose solutions. Must be able to evaluate the likely effects of such programs on the profitability of the businesses.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and priorities workloads
We have sent an email to your friend about this position.