The growing market demand for Storage and Virtualization specialists is met fully through our recruiting solutions sector in Australia and abroad. Through our latest database, the search for the right specialist and organization becomes efficient and probable.
Storage needs, virtually-speaking are increasing day by day in direct correlation with the advancements of technology and digitalization. Organizations and users require more and more access to information and data-storage but with the assurance of a secure and private virtual space. Advancements like cloud storage and computing, data duplication, and storage area networks are making a boom in the tech. sector and while their use increases daily, the need for Storage and Big Data becomes more and more apparent.
Some Storage and Big Data statistics:
- $163 billion in revenues have been earner through storage markets globally in 2008.
- The International Data Corporation (IDC) predicted a rough 61% growth rate for traditional data centers, annually from 2012
- Spending by Fortune 500 companies on regulatory compliances in the US surpassed $19 billion
One of the factors of the increasing demand for storage has been the Sarbanes-Oxley act of 2002 due to the requirements of keeping accountability and responsibility over records, especially financial data for accounting firms. As of 2002, giants of finance affected by this act began storing all kinds of data for safe-keeping and as such, other organizations and businesses continue to store all their data to this day. The Sarbanes-Oxley act, combined with the global consolidation of documents are major factors in the increasing need for storage and virtualization methods, and it is no surprise that this need almost doubles every two years.
Traditional data storing is done through electromagnetic or optical forms and a machine’s CPU which organizes data accordingly. An extensive range of storage options are available, like Tape Systems, Storage Area Networks, Tape Systems, Virtual Storage, etc.
Almost every user of today’s technology uses some form of data storage, if not all; and this is done without even realizing it. Any time your data is saved for you to retrieve it safely, it is through data storage.
Features like Storage Area Networks are an excellent networks that allow storage devices or spaces to directly communicate with users and computers, as well as with each other.
Another method is Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) that connects data storage facilities through unique IP’s and is used by various businesses, ranging from small to large corporations. Meanwhile, today’s use of virtual storage is making a revolutionary breakthrough in storing colossal data quantities no matter the kind of data or size.
Storage employers and recruitment
Vendors include: EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, Netapp, IBM, HP, Dell.
Storage Service Providers: Telstra, Optus, Verizon,
Systems Integrators: Data#3, Dimension Data, Cloud Solutions Group,
Typical jobs we recruit for Storage
Business Development – Storage Systems, System Engineers, Storage Administrators, Product Managers, Storage & Virtualisation Solutions Architects, Consulting Engineers, Business Development Managers, Account Managers, Subject Matter Expert, Project Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Pre-Sales Engineer Storage
Certifications used in Storage Jobs
HP Storageworks Certifications
- HP StorageWorks XP1: Configuration and Management
- EVA 2: Business Continuity and Availability
- HP Ed Storageworks Virtual Library System (VLS) Configuration and Management
- Installation and Configuration of the HP StorageWorks Virtual Library System (HP VLS 9000)
- EVA Peformance Analysis
- HP StorageWorks P4000 SAN Configuration and Administration
- Managing EVA Storage
- Accelerated SAN Essentials
EMC Storage Certifications
- EMC Data Center Architect (EMCDCA)
- EMC Cloud Architects (EMCCA)
- EMC Storage Administrator (EMCSA)
- EMC Professional Technology Architect (EMCTA)
- EMC Proven Professional Platform Engineer (EMCPE)
- EMC Proven Professional Implementation Engineer (EMCIE)
- NetApp Certified Backup and Recovery Implementation Engineers (NCIE – B&R)
- NetApp Certified SAN Implementation Engineers (NCIE – SAN)
- NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA
Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) Certifications
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Professional (Foundations) (HCP)
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Implementer (HCI)
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Solution Specialist — Business Continuity
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Solution Specialist— Virtualization
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Architect (HCA)
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Architect — Expert (HCA-E)
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Storage Manager
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Storage Manager — Expert
- Hitachi Data Systems Certified Installation Professional
- Hitachi Data Systems Qualified Sales Professional
IBM Storage Certifications
- IBM Certified Specialist – Storage Sales V2
- IBM Certified Specialist – High Volume Storage Fundamentals V1
- IBM Certified Specialist – Midrange Storage Technical Support V2
- IBM Certified Specialist – Enterprise Storage Technical Support V2
- IBM Certified Specialist – XIV Storage System Technical Solutions Version 2
- IBM Certified Specialist – High-End Disk for Open Systems V2
- IBM Certified Specialist – High-End Tape V6
- IBM Certified Specialist – XIV Storage System Replication and Migration Services Version 1
Cisco Storage Certifications
- Cisco Storage Networking Solutions Design Specialist (CNSDS)
- Cisco Storage Networking Solutions Support Specialist (CNSSS)
- Cisco Storage Networking Sales Specialist (CNSS)
Storage Industry Associations & Certifications
- SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association)
- SNIA Certified Storage Professional (SCSP)
- SNIA Certified Systems Engineer (SCSE)
- SNIA Certified Architect (SCA)
- SNIA Certified Storage Network Expert (SCSN-E)