Senior Import Operations
- Experienced operator with desire to step up!
- Prestigious multinational company
- Long term career pathways on offer
Sydney - Ref. JO-2201-3087
The Company and Role
This opportunity is for an experienced Ocean Import Operator who is wanting to step into a senior operations role! Our client boasts an impressive induction and internal training and development programs as well as the opportunity to move internally as opportunities arise. This new role is within a well established global brand.
The focus of the role will be to support the Ocean Import Manager in the smooth running of the Operations department. Your ability to confidently manage clients’ requirements, while overseeing the ocean import product in the marketplace and working alongside all departments will be key to securing this position.
Responsibilities will include
· Allocate workloads within the team to ensure smooth operations during peak activity or staff absence.
· Ensure team meets company standards and new hires complete company’s mandatory training.
· Support the manager by participating in staff appraisals, reviewing department goals and overall business plan.
· Monitor compliance at all times and ensure external government regulations are adhered to.
· Understand and manage department process flow while looking for ways to improve customer experience
· Daily review of profit and loss, general ledger activity and status reports
· Pro-actively provide pricing alternatives, routing solutions, and troubleshooting for customer requirements
· This role exposes you to the whole supply chain process, from manufacturers right through to overseas final destination. You will have the opportunity to be part of the full operation while proactively using your people management and leadership skill set!
Salary: Competitive salary package
This role is not one to miss out on. Be a part of this global organisation and boost your career on the right path to achieve amazing things!
Please note that due to high volumes of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.