SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
- Government agency
- 7-month initial contract + extension
- Great hourly rate on offer
Brisbane - Ref. JO-1702-1658Our client is looking for 2 x Senior Business Analysts for the development of a Reporting System.
In order keep up with the changing demands of the business and to incorporate the latest software upgrades and improvements in the market, the ICT & Innovation team are proceeding with the development of a fully revised system, on a more modern platform and with appropriate resourcing and dependency to allow future development to keep pace with the business
The role of the Senior Business Analyst is to:
- Facilitate information gathering sessions with the business stakeholders as determined by the Product Owner – to gain a detailed understanding of the required needs and challenges.
- Assist with the collation and analysis of business process models within a large ICT project environment, using approved methods and tools
- Assist with the elaboration of business and software requirements specifications (User Stories) for a large ICT Project, including identifying any emerging trends and escalating more complex issues.
- Provide advice and liaise with the ICT Test Specialist to ensure business/software requirements are incorporated into testing products
- Provide regular updates to Project Managers on the status of activities, including advice on how any challenging issues may be resolved.
- Actively participate as a member of the Project Scrum team, including contributing to Scrum meetings
- Develop and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work autonomously, using a high level of initiative to resolve issues.
- As a member of a cross-functional team undertake tasks as required including documentation, and testing
- Undertake related and other duties of equivalent complexity as required.
- Work on both non-related projects as well.
- Experience in creating a Data Dictionary, Entity Relationship diagram, Business Process model, User Stories, and wireframes.
- Strong interpersonal skills including, a strong ability to communicate and influence effectively across the most senior levels of the organisation.
- Superior analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including report writing and presentation skills with emphasis on developing quality technical specifications.
- Proven experience working independently and/or with multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven experience interpreting and translating analysis results into insightful, clear and succinct technical specifications and requirement documentation
- 5-8 years’ experience, including min 3 Years+ as a Senior Business Analyst
- Scrum Master certification or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working on Data migration projects and performing data analysis.
- Management and mentoring of other business analysts.
We have sent an email to your friend about this position.